Greenbelt, MD (NASA Goddard Center)
Miller Engineering and Research Corporation (MERC Aerospace) offers professional expertise for the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Systems Engineering Advanced Services (SEAS) contract. MERC is a team-oriented aerospace engineering firm dedicated to servicing the aerospace and aeronautical industries with unparalleled customer focus. We believe that great engineering starts with talented people like you.
Our employees work together as “one team” and are committed to delivering high-quality and creative engineering solutions to our customers in the aerospace and federal government arenas.
The role of the Space Missions Systems Engineer is to support an on-going NASA space mission project.
- Strong background in requirements management, interface requirements, requirements validation, verification, top-level verification planning;
- Experience in end to end mission requirements traceability and validation;
- Familiarity with NASA policies and procedures regarding program/project management lifecycles and systems engineering;
- Capability of working with database tools, requirements management and system architecture tools;
- Know-how of the NASA system requirements tools such as DOORS;
- Knowledge of NASA Risk Management Guidelines and Processes and Tools;
- Experience with testing methodologies and test planning activities; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) software tools.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated experience as a Systems Engineer for space mission systems.
- Currently hold or ability to obtain a NASA Goddard badge (NACI background investigation).
- Health Insurance & HSA
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability Plan
- Parental Leave
MERC Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.